Your cart is currently empty!
We are hiring Kitchen Manager for our Death & Co in New York City!
Death & Co has been a must-visit destination for serious drinks and cocktail enthusiasts since its first New York location in 2006. Since then, we have opened in multiple cities and have been the winner of several major industry awards, including America’s Best Cocktail Bar and World’s Best Cocktail Menu at Tales of the Cocktail. Death & Co is part of Gin & Luck Hospitality Group.
We are proud to have a supremely talented and creative team, uniquely innovative menus and are looking for Kitchen Manager to join our team!
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for training all BOH staff, ensuring proper organization and functionality of all kitchen facilities, and supporting the Gin & Luck Management team to promote the efficiency and success of all BOH operations.
You will work to provide impeccable hospitality to each of our clients, working specifically with each individual need to curate the best experience possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
Demonstrate the Core Values of Gin & Luck:
- Connection – We build relationships through intuition and empathy.
- Professionalism – We are ambassadors of the Death & Co brand, inside and outside our businesses.
- A.B.K. – We execute with focus and work to completion.
- Excellence – We will forever be chasing excellence; it is a pursuit without end.
- Contagious Joy – When we’re having fun, it emanates out and influences our work and the people around us.
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operations activities to ensure the business exceeds financial and customer experience targets and maintains brand consistency.
- Monitor weekly COGS, and labor and make adjustments as necessary, with particular attention to BOH operations costs.
- Create and monitor systems to ensure compliance with all standards as it pertains to culinary operations.
- Develop and ensure procedures are followed to protect the company’s inventory and assets, as well as all activities related to risk management and safety.
- Collaborate with General Manager and Culinary Director to proactively develop and rollout new menu items.
- Utilize data to monitor and project impact of changes.
- Create and monitor systems designed to improve consistency, efficiency, and execution.
- Use existing tools to monitor food cost and labor costs and proactively capitalize/correct any trends.
- Engage with vendors to evaluate decisions to ensure best quality/pricing ratio for ingredients.
Team and Development
- Understand and communicate Gin & Luck’s values and brand philosophy to customers and staff and set the tone for a positive work environment.
- Recruit great people, interview, and select individuals that live our core values and will stop at nothing to serve our customers.
- Manage daily scheduling, time off, and payroll.
- Develop and provide BOH Training Program updates including manuals, training tools, leader’s guides, certification requirements and training plans for each position is actively involved in the continued development of our team.
- Active in kitchen meetings, manager meetings, and pre-shifts.
- Develops and nurtures a culture of accountability, integrity, hospitality, pride, and teamwork.
- Provide clear, transparent, honest feedback to the team on performance measures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial targets are achieved, proactively drill down and play an active role in developing, implementing and maintaining solutions.
- Analyze an action plan based on sales mix and COGS to increase profitability while maintaining value for our guests.
- Work closely with restaurant manager and beverage manager to develop programs and initiatives to drive revenue and profitability.
- Kitchen Manager report to the property GM.
- The Kitchen Manager works in tandem with the BOH team, leadership team and Culinary Director.
As a company, Gin & Luck aims to be a mindful employer, and candidates can expect:
- An “open book” operating philosophy
- Resources to hire and manage a well-compensated team with access to benefits
- Opportunity to engage in the local community through philanthropic activities
- To be part of a growing national team, and regularly engage together in cross-company dialogue and exchange
- A dedicated team of operators to support the venue and team
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly Pay of $22-$30/hr
- Pre-tax transit benefits
- Gin & Luck medical benefits
- 401k, Life Insurance
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Lead Line Cook or Kitchen Manager
- Food Handlers Certification
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Gin & Luck is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Compensation: $22.00 – $30.00 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gin & Luck is an award-winning hospitality group that creates cocktail anchored destinations and experiences across the US.
When it’s flagship bar Death & Co first opened its doors in New York City 2006, the establishment and its extraordinary talent behind the bar were credited with changing the art of drink-making and ushering in a new era of cocktail culture. Since then, Death & Co has expanded to have locations in Denver, Los Angeles, authored three award-winning books, and received numerous industry awards. The company has thrived under the stewardship of its owners, who have applied their complementary skill sets to build the Death & Co brand into new markets and experiences.
Gin & Luck is currently expanding beyond Death & Co with bars, restaurants and hotels nationwide. We are constantly seeking the best opportunities to fuel our growth, ultimately providing opportunities for our talented team members to continue to grow both personally and professionally!
Apply for this position