Your cart is currently empty!
Barbacks work behind the bar, efficiently and in alignment with Gin & Luck standards of working to code. They will also assist in all aspects of FOH, including running food and drink, clearing tables, and greeting guests. All Barbacks will exemplify our core values, connecting with guests in a professional manner to ensure excellence in service.
Demonstrate the Core Values of Gin & Luck:
- Connection – We build relationships through intuition and empathy.
- Professionalism – We are ambassadors of Gin & Luck, inside and outside our businesses.
- A.B.K. – We execute with focus and work to completion.
- Excellence – We will forever be chasing excellence; it is a pursuit without end.
- Contagious Joy – When we’re having fun, it emanates out and influences our work and the people around us.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive to work every day with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, & prepared for the shift; Place all personal items in the proper designated areas.
- Approach each shift with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and ready to contribute to the team’s overall goals.
- Have a focus on always continuing your education and in all facets of our business.
- Catch up on all internal communication via Slack before your shift.
- Have a complete knowledge of the food and beverage items and preparations.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of modern classic as well as popular cocktails.
- Know and use the service guidelines outlined in the service manual.
- Always check in with any staff working in your respective space on arrival, see if you can help with anything before beginning your assigned duties.
- Provide an exceptional guest experience from the moment they walk in the door to the moment they leave.
- Greet guests warmly, genuinely, and with a smile & eye contact.
- Operate as a member of the team, helping others and requesting help as needed. Perform any other restaurant duties as requested by management.
- Ask for help when you need it. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not a sign of weakness.
- Use heightened awareness on any table with an allergy, be sure to work to code according to our allergy standards.
- Serve alcoholic beverages only to guests over 21 years of age. Check ID’s at every table, without exception. Get your manager involved with any questions.
- Control the amount of alcohol served, so that guests do not become over-intoxicated.
- Know the table numbers and position numbers in all sections.
- Perform table/bar maintenance throughout the shift, including crumbing, keeping waters full, clearing & resetting serving ware etc.
- Maintain a neat and properly organized mise en place throughout your shift.
- Treat all areas of the restaurant with respect, clean and reset to zero when necessary.
- Make sure bar is fully stocked on arrival and continuously restocked throughout your shift.
- Communicate with hosts about how the bar is handling the flow of service.
- Clean and polish glassware and silverware.
- Ensure that mise trays are consistently stocked.
- Treat the Bar Lab with the respect it deserves, make sure it is clean and organized throughout the night.
- Check in with Bartenders regularly.
- Attend mandatory quarterly staff meetings.
- The employee is responsible for getting a shift covered if they cannot report to a scheduled shift (apart from sick reasons). If they cannot report to a shift and have exhausted all options for coverage, they must contact their supervisor to problem solve no less than 8 hours prior to their scheduled in time.
- Always act in a professional manner and represent Gin & Luck graciously whether you are in house, traveling, or at another local food and beverage establishment.
- The Barback reports to General Managers, Floor Managers, Head Bartenders, Leads, Executive Sous Chefs, & Beverage Director
- The Barback works in tandem with other Barbacks and Bartenders
Compensation and Benefits
- [$xx/hr plus a point percentage of the full house tip pool, based on hours worked per shift.]
- Pre-tax transit benefits. (in applicable locations)
- One fair wage
- High hourly for tipped employees
- Tipped out BOH (where applicable)
- Gin & Luck Medical Benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Free REVIVE Plan
- Free Life Insurance
- Optional 401k
- PT employment benefits
- Cultural Alignment among staff
- Growth Oriented
- Personal Ownership
- Career driven
- Team Minded
- People First Company
- Educational Opportunities
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Gin & Luck reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Compensation: $15.87 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gin & Luck is an award-winning hospitality group that creates cocktail anchored destinations and experiences across the US.
When it’s flagship bar Death & Co first opened its doors in New York City 2006, the establishment and its extraordinary talent behind the bar were credited with changing the art of drink-making and ushering in a new era of cocktail culture. Since then, Death & Co has expanded to have locations in Denver, Los Angeles, authored three award-winning books, and received numerous industry awards. The company has thrived under the stewardship of its owners, who have applied their complementary skill sets to build the Death & Co brand into new markets and experiences.
Gin & Luck is currently expanding beyond Death & Co with bars, restaurants and hotels nationwide. We are constantly seeking the best opportunities to fuel our growth, ultimately providing opportunities for our talented team members to continue to grow both personally and professionally!
Apply for this position